"Come experience the spirit at christ umc!"
“Welcome to the Christ United Methodist Church Website. Worship is at 8 am and 10:15 am in the sanctuary. However, anyone and everyone is invited to enjoy the Live Stream Sunday morning on the Christ UMC YouTube Channel at:
If you would like to make an offering, tithe or donation please click on the donation tab in the upper right hand corner of the screen. God bless you, stay safe, be healthy and come experience the Spirit during a Worship Service or Prayer Time Live Stream at Christ UMC!”
Pastor Young joined Christ UMC in August 2021 with his wife, A Hyun Lee. He is a Korean American pastor who was born and raised in Korea. He came to USA when he was 33 years old. He graduated from Wesley Theological Seminary in Washington D.C. (M. Div.) and Garrett Evangelical Theological Seminary in Evanston, IL (D. Min in the Spiritual Formation).
He was ordained elder in the Chungbuk Conference of the Korean Methodist Church in 2002 and then transferred to Wisconsin Conference of the United Methodist Church in 2018. He was appointed to Oakfield UMC and Tabor UMC in 2015 and then to Christ UMC in 2021.
A Hyun, Pastor Young’s wife, is a professor of Pastoral Counseling at Indiana Wesleyan University and an elder in the Wisconsin Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Sunday Morning Worship Services are at 8 am and 10:15 am. There is no dress code, you do not have to bring anything, small children are a joy and a gift, you do not even have to be sure what you believe yet…just come and experience the Spirit at Christ UMC!
Sunday School begins at 9:00 am every Sunday with 5th grade and under children meeting for music in The Fellowship Hall at the opposite end of the church from the sanctuary and 6th grade all the way up to our two adult classes (Co-Ed & Women’s) meeting in their classroom. Sunday School usually ends around 10:00 am.
Administrative Assistant Position
Christ United Methodist Church – Watertown
The Administrative Assistant position reports to the Pastor for daily activities and to the Staff Parish Relations Committee regarding matters of employment (e.g hiring, evaluations/reviews, salary). The position supports the daily activities and operations of the business side of the church and serves as the initial point of contact for the public.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant is expected to work 30 hours per week (9:00 – 3:00) Monday through Friday. (Summer hours 9:00 – 2:00)
The duties listed below are not all inclusive.
• Manage daily operations of church office, maintaining records and files, answering phones and email, greeting visitors.
• Work with Pastor in coordinating, planning and executing church activities and events.
• Manage and order office supplies and maintain office equipment.
• Assist in recruiting and scheduling volunteers necessary for a variety of local mission activities.
• Work with Pastor, staff and church leadership to create/print/distribute materials including: weekly bulletins, monthly newsletter, reports, letters/emails to members, etc.
• Assist in scheduling meetings and meeting rooms, enforce church policies for facility use.
• Build and maintain relationships with the congregation and community.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. (Experience using Publisher desired.)
Bron Wentzel (SPRC Chair)
Christ United Methodist Church
112 Hall Street
Watertown WI 53094
Sign up to get our newsletter, bulletins and important information about events!